“Clarity, credibility and consistency are the three most important things about your brand….Understand what you want to do and what you’re good at… You have to live up to your brand promise”
Diane Diaz on Green Connections Radio
Understanding and Leveraging Your Brand with Brand Archetypes
Amazon Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has said, “Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room” (according to various sources). Yikes!
So, what is your personal brand or your company’s brand, why should you care, and what can you do to understand and control yours? It’s complicated. Trust.
Listen to “brand teacher” Diane Diaz, who literally teaches about branding as well as coaches people on their personal and organizational brands, in this fascinating interview with Green Connections host Joan Michelson to find out.
They talk about Diane’s favorite brand assessment tool, which Joan did – and its enlightening insights.
- Why Diane says your brand’s most important factors are “clarity, credibility and consistency.”
- Why Amazon Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has said, “Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.”
- Why it can help your business (and career) to repel people who don’t fit with your brand and values.
- How to translate your brand insights into action to achieve your business/career goals (including “pitfalls”), from your elevator pitch, to your LinkedIn profile, to your website, and your proposals.
- How to take the Brand Archetype Assessment.
You may want to take notes! Shout out to Katie Krimitsos, of the Biz Women Rock podcast, where I first heard about Diane Diaz! (Listen to my interview with her too, linked below.)
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Anne Bahr Thomspon on a new study on brand citizenship and her new book, “Do Good.”
- Billee Howard, a Fortune 100 branding strategist who worked with entertainment mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg and now leverages AI to understand market choices more deeply.
- Jeffrey Hayzlett, C-Suite Network Founder/CEO and former Kodak CMO
- Katie Krimitsos, Founder/CEO of Biz Women Rock, host of its podcast and social media marketing whiz.
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson