“Can you produce something that is both beautiful and sustainable? We’re getting to the point where those two things should be one and the same.” Amina Razvi on Green Connections Radio
Do you wish you knew a way to buy clothing that is made sustainably?
Listen to Amina Razvi, Executive Director of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (she was V.P. of Membership when this was recorded) talks with Joan Michelson on this Green Connections Radio podcast episode for tips.
- How designers and manufacturers are seriously reducing the carbon footprint of apparel (and making consumer choices easier)
- Benchmarking apparel manufacturing – trackable results
- What to watch for in cool new stuff
- How you can transition from one career direction to another (like Amina did, from architecture to sustainable apparel!).
“Women are far more capable than you think you are…trust your own ability to figure out the things you don’t know.”… and other terrific career advice.
You’ll probably also want to listen to:
- Eileen Mockus CEO of Coyuchi, eco-bedding and linens company.
- Jessica Schreiber, CEO of Fabscrap, on how fabric “scraps” can be used.
- Karla Macgruder, CEO of Fabrikology, on how recycled and sustainable fabrics are made in the first place.
- Annie Gullingsrud, head of Sustainable Fashion at Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute on the challenges of eco-friendly fabrics.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson