“Can you produce something that is both beautiful and sustainable? We’re getting to the point where those two things should be one and the same.”
Amina Razvi on Green Connections Radio
Do you want to buy clothing that is made sustainably? Listen to Amina Razvi, V.P. of Membership of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition with Joan Michelson on Green Connections Radio for tips.
- How designers and manufacturers are seriously reducing the carbon footprint of apparel (and making consumer choices easier)
- Benchmarking apparel manufacturing – trackable results
- What to watch for in cool new stuff
- How you can transition from one career direction to another (like Amina did, from architecture to sustainable apparel!).
“Women are far more capable than you think you are…trust your own ability to figure out the things you don’t know.”… and other terrific career advice.
You’ll probably also want to listen to:
- Eileen Mockus CEO of Coyuchi, eco-bedding and linens company.
- Jessica Schreiber, CEO of Fabscrap, on how fabric “scraps” can be used.
- Karla Macgruder, CEO of Fabrikology, on how recycled and sustainable fabrics are made in the first place.
- Annie Gullingsrud, head of Sustainable Fashion at Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute on the challenges of eco-friendly fabrics.
Thanks for subscribing on iTunes or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson