“There is a concern…that some of these chemicals are resulting in changes in the biological systems that could be affecting growth and development of the child.” Marilyn Black on Green Connections Radio
Do you have a 3D printer in your home, school or office? Do your kids have one at school?
If so, or if you’re considering buying one, listen to Dr. Marilyn Black of UL Chemical Safety talk with Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson about a ground-breaking new study that revealed the hazards of these magical machines and how you can reduce the risks to your and your kids’ health – or anyone standing near it.
- What volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are and why they are dangerous.
- How these VOCs and vapors penetrate your blood system and can get into your brain.
- How small children’s bodies absorb environmental matter much faster than adult bodies.
- Steps to take to reduce your and your kids’ risks, from ventilation to 3D printer certifications.
- Career tips and more!
“Follow your passion…making sure you have a genuine interest in that area, but you also have the professional capability in that area as well…you need to step out of your comfort zone and start an initiative that helps you apply all that passion and knowledge.”
Marilyn Black on Green Connections Radio
Read my Forbes blog about this here too.
You’ll want to check out these interviews too:
- Ellen Sabin, Watering Can Press, on teaching kids values, including in “The Greening Book”
- Jessyca Henderson, of the American Institute of Architects on the International Green Building Codes.
- Charlotte Burrows, Commissioner of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, on when and how to file and claim, and how to find out your options.
- Lynne Cherry, Children’s book author and filmmaker with dozens of books and films about kids helping the environment.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson