“85% of disposable apparel ends up in a landfill,”
Annie Gullingsrud, Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute
Think of all the stuff the people in areas devastated by hurricanes and fires have to replace….
What if they replaced even 10 percent of it with sustainable clothing? Is it even possible? How?
Listen to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson’s intriguing interview with the Director of Textiles and Apparel at the Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute, Annie Gullingsrud, to find out how.
- What the circular economy is.
- What to look for when buying clothes.
- What certifications mean.
- How communities can get more clean drinking water from a clothing manufacturing plant.
- Tips for a career in sustainable fashion.
You’ll look at your clothes and shop differently!
You’ll probably also want to listen to:
- Eileen Mockus CEO of Coyuchi, eco-bedding and linens company.
- Jessica Schreiber, CEO of Fabscrap, on how fabric “scraps” can be used.
- Karla Macgruder, CEO of Fabrikology, on how recycled and sustainable fabrics are made in the first place.
- Amina Razvi, VP of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition on how fabrics are made, recycled and reused.
Thank you for subscribing to Green Connections on iTunes or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson