“Science can do amazing things and answer questions for us,” she told me, “but then we can use that knowledge to do this in a responsible way or in an irresponsible way….Science is good to have. Then, what are you going to use it for and how do you do it responsibly?”
Kay Gebhardt on Green Connections Radio
What do you use to clean your house? Do you buy “natural” or “green” cleaning products? These products can have a direct impact on our well-being and on climate change and are a growing market. The Harvard Business Review studied this issue recently, and reported in June 2019 that it’s multi-billion dollar market and growing, so I wanted to find out how they are made.
Listen to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson’s fascinating interview with Kay Gebhardt, Senior Scientist in Sustainability and Authenticity at Seventh Generation, a consumer products company that markets itself as a sustainable products company.
- How cleaning products are made.
- Why sustainable cleaning products are more expensive.
- What standards they use to identify “sustainable” or “eco-friendly” ingredients.
- Innovations to watch for.
- Career advice and, so much more!
“What is unique that you can bring? What voice do you have that you need to show up with? Where do you see yourself in 2 years from now…Tie your own values and integrity to the values and integrity of the company you work for.” Kay Gebhardt on Green Connections Radio
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Lee-Anne Walters, Community Organizer in Flint, Michigan who won the Goldman Environmental Prize for galvanizing her community to get their lead-contaminated water addressed.
- Karen Lightman, Executive Director of the Smart Cities Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, on how to improve the resilience of your community.
- Laura Jones, Editor, FrontLash magazine on sustainable fashion.
- Beth Colleton, former CSO of NBCUniversal and the NFL, on how to sell your creative ideas internally
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson