“There’s a lot more pressure on companies to reveal their statistics…give us the number…a lot more expectation from employees, from clients, from investors to see that level of granularity.”
Patsy Doerr on Green Connections Radio
How do the bolder positions on social and environmental issues that many companies are taking affect their financial performance? What difference can we as individuals make?
Listen to Patsy Doerr, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility, Sustainability and Inclusion at Thomson Reuters and Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson’s candid, engaging conversation about “tipping point” we are at where social impact meets 70% of financial power. They talk about the impact of transparency and corporate activism on the bottom line and how we can use ESG metrics to find out what the company is really doing. What can we do with that information?
You’ll hear about:
- ESG metrics and how to use them to make better decisions at home and at work (Environmental, Social, Governance).
- The impact of ESG practices on financial performance – causation or correlation?
- How we can use ESG metrics to see if they are truly walking the talk.
- Key factors for shareholders, investors, employees and customers today, and the power of culture.
- The “seismic shift” in financial power: “In the next 3-5 years, 70% of all assets under management in the world, which is about $70 trillion, will be in the hands of women and Millennials…(who) care most about these (social impact) issues.”
- And terrific career advice, such as….
“Know what you’re good at, over and above your functional expertise and market yourself accordingly.” Patsy Doerr, Thomson Reuters, and how to be a strong woman in a still-male-dominated world without losing your femininity.
What do you want to know about your company or potential employer, or a company you might buy from? Tweet us @joanmichelson or post it on our Facebook Page (and ask to join our private Facebook group)
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Chris Cordaro head of RegentAtlantic on ESG investing and companies that do and don’t make the cut.
- Barbara Krumsiek former long-time CEO of Calvert Investment on socially-responsible investing and how to identify the right financial advisor.
- Michelle Singletary, personal finance columnist of the Washington Post, author on smart money management strategies.
Subscribe to our newsletter to be ahead of the curve.
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson