“A lot of these times we see these problems as having binary solutions, it’s either we stay and defend…or we just pick up and leave, but there’s a lot of space in between.” Andrea Dutton on Green Connections Radio
Geologist Dr. Andrea Dutton was awarded the coveted MacArthur “Genius” award recently for her work in finding an innovative way to predict sea-level rise and identify the options for managing it. Listen to her explain her innovative approach – and how that approach might be used in other context too – to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson in this inspiring and fascinating interview.
- Why she calls herself “a detective of the earth.”
- How she sees beyond just binary – either/or – choices and how we can too.
- What the choices are for coastal cities most at risk from sea-level rise.
- Why an earth that is 1 degree warmer could cause sea-levels to rise 20-30 feet.
- And, lots of great career advice and inspiration!
Read Joan’s Forbes blog of career advice from Andrea and another MacArthur “Genius” Winner here.
“Capitalize on opportunities when they come along, even when it seems insurmountable…be open to finding a different way of doing things.” Andrea Dutton on Green Connections Radio
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Stacy Jupiter, another recent MacArthur “Genius” winner working in climate change mitigation
- Rawlings Miller, a climate change mitigation planning expert.
- Ingrid Daubechies of Duke University, MacArthur “genius” award winner, and master innovative thinker.
- Beth Gibbons, climate change adaptation leader working with local resilience teams.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson