“Innovation is …the heartbeat of the company, and as we strive for increasing diversity and inclusion, at the heart of that is… Because when doing so, it actually brings forth the best ideas, the best results, and just a higher level of creativity and solving problems.” Barbara Whye, CDO of Intel on Green Connections Radio podcast
What do we need to know to recruit, retain and promote truly innovative talent? Diversity! What do we need to look for in a potential employer if we ARE innovative talent?
Listen to Barbara Whye, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and Vice President of Human Resources at Intel — who was just named to that role at Apple — in this engaging interview with Joan Michelson on Green Connections Radio podcast.
Grab a notepad and pen, or your laptop to take notes, because you’ll hear:
- Specific practices Intel uses successfully to recruit, retain and promote innovative diverse talent.
- Listen between the lines to learn what to look for in a potential employer.
- How to reframe failing to “fast application of iterative learning.”
- Why engineers are some of the most creative people around.
- Career tips for moving up the ladder.
And so much more!
“The first (advice) …is just to continuously learn and just to continue to have an appetite for always learning…..If you aren’t learning, you should be unlearning and relearning. I think that’s just huge in terms of advancing your career.” Barbara Whye, VP of HR, Chief Diversity Officer of Intel – now at Apple – on Green Connections Radio podcast
What strategies are you struggling with? What works? Tweet us @joanmichelson or post it on our Facebook Page (and ask to join our new private Facebook group)
You’ll also like:
- Wanda Lloyd, Former Washington Post & Gannett top executive who led ground-breaking diversity in newsrooms nationwide.
- Telle Whitney, former CEO, Anita Borg Institute for Women in Technology, cofounder of Grace Hopper Conference
- Mary Snapp, Corporate VP of Microsoft, CEO of Microsoft Philanthropies and Diversity Leader
- Sophie Vandebroek, COO of IBM Research, former CTO of Xerox and President of their Innovation Unit
Subscribe to our newsletter to be ahead of the career, innovation and climate/energy curve.
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson