“Sustainability is so big and it’s so hard for apparel companies, just getting into it and understanding what to do.”
Karla Magruder on Green Connections Radio
How do you make fabric from recycled plastic? Listen to this fascinating interview with Karla Magruder, CEO of Fabrikology with Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson to find out!
85 percent of apparel ends up in landfill, this is a tough one. How can apparel companies use less water, energy, fewer toxic dyes and generating less waste? Listen here to find out:
- What apparel companies are doing to reduce their environmental impact.
- How fabric is made from plastic bottles.
- Which clothing companies are focused on sustainability.
- What consumers can do to drive demand for environmentally-sound clothing practices.
- Career tips and more!
What do YOU want to know about clothes? Tweet us @joanmichelson or post it on our Facebook Page (and ask to join our new private Facebook group)
You’ll probably also want to listen to Joan’s interviews with:
- Amina Razvi of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, on what manufacturers and designers are doing to reduce their environmental impact – and which ones are taking it seriously.
- Tricia Carey of Lenzing Fabrics on how they make fabric from wood – and it’s sooo soft!
- Annie Gullingsrud of Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute on innovations transforming fashion.
All are at www.greenconnectionsradio.com – or on iTunes, iHeartRadio, Spotify or other podcast networks.
Subscribe to our podcasts to receive them right away and to our newsletter to be ahead of the curve.
Email us: email@example.com or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson