With government funding for energy innovations under threat, we thought it was a good idea to re-air this fascinating interview Dr. Ellen Williams, then-head of the Advanced Energy Research Agency, aka, ARPA-E, of the Department of Energy. ARPA-E is one of the entities in the Trump administration budget set to be cut — yet they have generated extraordinary results supporting breakthrough energy innovations.
Listen to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson talk with Dr. Williams about:
- Trends in energy breakthroughs – and what we need.
- Why government funding is needed to drive innovation, especially in energy
- Where the investments are going these days – a wind drone?!
- Important elements to drive breakthrough innovation
- Recommendations for building a career in this industry
You’ll want to take notes!
P.S. The audio on this is a bit wobbly it turns out, which is below our usual standards…sometimes technology does not cooperate as intended! Fortunately, Dr. Williams sounds much than I do. Thanks for understanding.
Thanks for subscribing on iTunes or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson