Funding for Women Entrepreneurs – A Bigger Challenge & A Bigger Return
“Men are presumed to be capable and to have done their homework…questioned about potential… Women…(hear) challenging questions , like ‘Why are you qualified?’…(Yet), women-owned businesses return on average 63% higher rates of return than male-only founded teams.” Shelly Porges on Green Connections Radio podcast
Studies show that women often leave their full-time jobs to start a business, especially if their job is uncomfortable, inflexible and they feel stagnated.
Studies also show women-owned business have, on average, higher rates of return. Yet, women entrepreneurs receive only a fraction of what male-founded companies do. To address this issue, Joan spoke with a master.
Listen to Shelly Porges, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of the Billion Dollar Fund for Women and Beyond the Billion tell Green Connections Radio podcast host Joan Michelson what women entrepreneurs can expect to face meeting with investors and how to find funding.
You’ll hear (take notes!):
- Why Porges says “the biggest challenge for women entrepreneurs is thinking big.”
- Studies that show women-owned businesses have higher returns on investment
- How women can deal with challenging questions from potential investors.
- What to look for in an investor – and it’s not just money.
- Insightful career advice too … and much more!
Read my Forbes blogs on my interview with Shelly too.
“Make sure that your own financial basis is in a good place…(and) take advantage of opportunities that are presented to you…be open…Don’t let what you can do now stop you” (from other ways to use what you know and can do).
Shelly Porges on Green Connections Radio podcast
You may also like:
- April Richards, EPA on SBIR grants for eco-conscious start-ups, entrepreneurs
- Ellen Williams, Former Administrator of ARPA-E on funding for innovative energy start-ups
- Christina Martini, Veteran intellectual property lawyer on protecting your IP, even from your day job.
- Janet Crawford, Leadership consultant, on neuroscience and building a team
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special coaching offers!