We use Facebook every day, multiple times a day – along with 2 billion other people! – so, have you ever thought about how much energy it takes to power all those servers and buildings? How much CO2 it emits? And, waste its 17,000+ employees create around the globe?
Listen to this rare interview with Facebook’s Sustainability Guru Bill Weihl (he chose his title) with Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson and hear about:
- How they power all those posts and operations
- What caused them to take on sustainability
- Their renewable energy plans
- Creative deals they make
…and much more!
Note: This interview first aired a couple of years ago, so check their website and news sources for updates on their energy portfolio.
What do YOU want to know about Facebook’s energy use or sustainability program? Tweet us @joanmichelson or post it on our Facebook Page (and ask to join our new private Facebook group)
You’ll probably also want to listen to Joan’s interviews with:
- Dr. Al-Hosany, Masdar, Head of the Zayed Future Energy Prize
- Peter Kelly-Detwiler, Energy Guru, Northbridge Energy Partners on energy and power industry trends
- Dr. Kathy Ayers, of ProtonOnline on cool new hydrogen technologies for commercial operations.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Spotify or other podcast networks.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blogs and advice on sustainability, clean energy innovation and careers right away to be ahead of the curve.
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson