“People have competing interests…(so) move beyond lazy labeling…a reporter’s job is to provide context…undergirded by data and statistics….Be a little fearless.”
The Dakota Access Pipeline fight, hurricanes, droughts, earthquakes… the BP Oil Spill, the potential cuts to the EPA budget and rollback of the Clean Water and Clean Air Acts…Journalists rush to cover these stories as they break in the moment, but what’s missing?
Listen to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson’s insightful conversation with renowned journalist Soledad O’Brien, formerly of CNN and MSNBC and now Founder and CEO of Starfish Media Group, an award-winning production company, and host of “Matter of Fact” syndicated on network television via Hearst TV.
You’ll hear Soledad talk about:
- What reporters are missing in covering environmental/energy stories – and most stories.
- How to explain why “it” matters – and not just to you, but to other people.
- The importance of storytelling and creating empathy.
- Why people share news on Facebook
- How to make career decisions, in any career!
Visit Soledad’s “Matter of Fact” website here: http://matteroffact.tv
To learn more about Soledad O’Brien and “Matter of Fact,” and Green Connections Radio, go to www.greenconnectionsradio.com.
Thanks for subscribing on iTunes or iHeartRadio – for upcoming enlightening podcasts – and for leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Email us: email@example.com or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson