“A 40 foot electric bus can save up to 100 metric tons of greenhouse gas per year, which is really what a traditional…bus would emit per year.”
Margaret Lewis on Green Connections Radio
Transportation is one of the top three contributors to climate change, responsible for about 40% of the CO2 that goes into our air, according to some studies.
Listen to Margaret Lewis, SVP of Manufacturing and Facilities at New Flyer, talk about how these new buses are integrating with our grid and reducing energy consumption and emissions dramatically in this engaging conversation with Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson.
- How electric buses work, including how they charge on route.
- What smart cities transit looks like for us passengers (4 pillars).
- How they collaborate with utilities to improve the grid and as quickly as possible.
- Suggestions on transit elements to look for in plans to improve the U.S. infrastructure.
- Innovations coming down the road.
- Career advice and, so much more!
“The single biggest piece of advice I would give as I look back on my career is….to be willing to take jobs, and different activities and tasks, that nobody else wanted to do. And, by doing that, I found that a job or a position or a role that may not seem at the time like it’s enticing… actually…number 1, opened a lot of doors for me, and number 2, by doing those kinds of assignments that I otherwise might not have been comfortable with, I really learned a lot…There are a lot of really great things that can come from that and really properly you further in your career to where you want to go.” Margaret Lewis on Green Connections Radio
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Karen Lightman, Executive Director of the Smart Cities Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, on how to improve the resilience of your community.
- Bonnie Datta, Siemens, on electric vehicle infrastructure and regulations.
- Anna Schneider, SVP of Industry and Government Affairs at Volkswagen of America.
- Mary Powell, CEO of Green Mountain Power utility and a major innovator in the sector.
- Kimberly McGrath, of Maxwell Technologies on innovative energy storage technologies.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson