We object to solutions “because we don’t think the solutions are consistent with our ideology or our politics.” Dr. Hayhoe
The recent solar eclipse reminded us of the power of science. So, we thought it was a good time to hear again from one of our amazing scientist guests, Dr. Katharine Hayhoe, who was chosen as one of Time magazine’s “Top 100 Pioneers” and is great fun too.
Dr. Hayhoe is an Atmospheric Scientist and the Director of the Climate Science Center at Texas Tech University – and teaches in the Political Science Department. An interesting combination…
In this fascinating interview, Dr. Hayhoe tells Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson:
- What climate change is exactly, and what’s “natural.”
- Why we should care about climate change: “Our infrastructure is built on the assumption of a stable climate.”
- 2/3rds of cities are within a few feet of sea-level.
- What policymakers can do – and what drives them to act.
- How do deal with “climate deniers” – it’s not about the climate!
What did YOU hear Katharine Hayhoe say? What did you take away from this interview?
Tell us @joanmichelson, or on our Facebook page, or email us at email@example.com.
Thanks for subscribing to Green Connections on iTunes and for leaving us a review.
Also, join our Private Facebook Group and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson