If you think CEOs didn’t have to endure the “bleeping” career obstacles you’ve had to face, the anecdotes from top women CEOs will surprise you, and maybe comfort you. All of them illustrate how to navigate the daily workplace dynamics and hazards that are the stepping stones on a corporate career path, especially as a woman.
Lucky for us, Wall Street Journal Management News Editor Joann Lublin persuaded 52 remarkable women CEOs across industries to share their stories in her new book, Earning It: Hard-Won Lessons from Trailblazing Women at the Top of the Business World (Harper Collins, 2016). These are stories you don’t normally hear.
Listen to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson’s engaging interview with Joann Lublin and you’ll hear:
- How to be “resilient” and “tough” with finesse and humor.
- How to get ahead when you feel invisible or taken for granted.
- Navigating gender bias, conscious or unconscious, so it doesn’t derail you.
- The power of self-talk.
- Building internal allies as a powerful tool for success.
- Asking for assignments and projects to demomstrate your expertise and value.
You’ll probably also want to listen to Joan’s interviews with:
- Ashley Milne-Tyte of Marketplace and “The Broad Experience,” on the realities of women’s lives and what “success” me.
- Lauren Leader Chivee on “capability” & good women’s initiatives.
- Laura Sherbin, Center for Talent Innovation on how women in STEM fields are driving innovation successfully
Find more information about Joann on her website here: https://www.joannlublin.com
To learn more about Joann Lublin and her book Earning It, and about Green Connections Radio, go to www.greenconnectionsradio.com.
Thanks for subscribing on iTunes or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson