If you think CEOs didn’t have to endure frustrating career obstacles like yours, the anecdotes from top women CEOs shared here will surprise you, and maybe comfort you.
They also illustrate how to navigate them and various daily workplace dynamics and hazards that are the stepping stones on a corporate career path, especially as a woman.
You can learn many of them by listening to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson’s engaging interview with Joann Lublin, Wall Street Journal Management News Editor, who persuaded 52 remarkable women CEOs across industries to share their stories in her new book, “Earning It: Hard-Won Lessons from Trailblazing Women at the Top of the Business World” (Harper Collins, 2016). These are stories you don’t normally hear
- How to be “resilient” and “tough” with finesse and humor.
- How to get ahead when you feel invisible or taken for granted.
- Navigating gender bias, conscious or unconscious, so it doesn’t derail you.
- The power of self-talk.
- Building internal allies as a powerful tool for success.
- Asking for assignments and projects to demonstrate your expertise and value.
You’ll probably also want to listen to:
- Ashley Milne-Tyte of Marketplace and “The Broad Experience,” on the realities of women’s lives and what “success” me.
- Lauren Leader Chivee on “capability” & good women’s initiatives.
- Laura Sherbin, Center for Talent Innovation on how women in STEM fields are driving innovation successfully
Find more information about Joann on her website here: https://www.joannlublin.com
Read Joan’s HuffPost blog about Joann’s book too here.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson