“The story of the building is important for the artist (because) every model they create, they build a relationship with….It’s a work of art.” Laura Dolan on Green Connections Radio podcast
When I visited the U.S. Botanic Gardens in Washington, DC a couple of months ago, I saw these amazing miniatures of landmark buildings – the Capitol, the Smithsonian Museums, the Lincoln Memorial and even historic train stations – made from plants, nuts, and other botanics. They were such magical creations, I tracked down the company that makes them.
Listen to Laura Busse Dolan, the Owner, CEO & President of Applied Imagination tell Green Connections Radio podcast host Joan Michelson how these amazing sculptures are made, what they are made from, and who makes them, how she took over the family business and career advice too. You’ll be inspired….
- Where they get the botanics from to make the buildings.
- How the designs are developed and “ingredients” chosen.
- How they make them visually accurate to the people who the onlooker.
- What it’s like taking over a business from your parent – and tips for the parent and for the son or daughter taking it over.
- Important career advice too … and much more!
“I would drive your decisions in life with what fulfills you. When I wake up in the morning, do I feel most driven and excited to be doing the work I’m doing that day?” Laura Dolan on Green Connections Radio podcast
You may also like:
- Ashley Bell, actor, producer, “Love and Bananas” about rescuing Asian elephants
- Dayna Reggero, Filmmaker, Climate Stories
- Tracy Edwards, Yachtsman of the Year, documentarian of “Maiden” about her round the world race, building the first all-female crew.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special coaching offers!